- What is SCC
- Meetings Schedule
- SCC Roster
- LANDTrust Reports
- Annual LANDTrust Funding
- Rules of Order
- Minutes, Agendas, and Reports
Responsibilities: The parents, school administration and faculty work together to administer the School Improvement Plan, Safe Walking Plan and the School Land Trust Plan. In addition, the SCC advises the school administration on local issues and provides an opportunity to present accolades as well as issues of concern. The SCC may also coordinate one school wide fundraiser each year and utilize those funds to benefit Canyon View students, teachers and building.
SCC and PTA: The School Community Council is a separate entity from the Parent Teacher Association. The SCC’s focus is on school achievement, safety, and how we function within the School District and State.
Community Input Invited: The SCC invites and encourages all parents, faculty and staff to attend SCC meetings and volunteer to help with SCC activities. Our SCC meeting calendar, agendas and minutes can be found on the Canyon View Elementary School website under Community - School Community Council.
Opportunities to serve: Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance ant our school. The school receives and annual dividend from the School Trust Lands. Our council decides how these funds will be used. The council also act in an advisory capacity to the school and district administrators.
All of our meetings will be held in the Canyon View Conference Room and will begin at 4:30 PM as voted on by the Council.
2019 - 2020 Meetings
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
|Name||Member Type||Email Address|
2018-2019 Land Trust Final Report
By end of the 18-19 school year, 80% of students in each grade will demonstrate mastery of core standards in English Language Arts (ELA) as measured by their grade level District Wide Standards Based Assessment (DWSBA ). Kindergarten will be assessed using the First Sound Fluency (FSF)/Phonemic Segmentation Fluency (PSF)/Nonsense Word Fluency (NWF) Dynamic Indicators of Basic Learning Skills (DIBELS) scores.
Structured Classroom Discussion observations and data collection, team created assessments, progress monitoring, and DWSBAs (District-Wide Standards Based Assessments).
Evidence of Academic Achievement
DWSBA Evidence & Elaboration, Grades 1-5 Fall Proficiency: 52% Spring Proficiency: 70% DWSBA Statement of Purpose/ Focus of Organization, Grades 1-5 Fall Proficiency: 55% Spring Proficiency: 70% Kindergarten First Sound Fluency Fall Proficiency: 84% Winter Proficiency: 84% Phoneme Segmentation Fluency Fall Proficiency: 86% Spring Proficiency: 94%
|Description||Planned Expenditures||Actual Expenditures|
|Remaining Funds (Carry-Over to 2019-2020)||$0||$2,166|
|Carry-Over from 2017-2018||$3,670||$3,670|
|Distribution for 2018-2019||$41,507||$45,215|
|Total Available for Expenditure in 2018-2019||$45,177||$48,885|
|Salaries and Employee Benefits (100 and 200)||$45,177||$37,119|
|Employee Benefits (200)||$0||$9,600|
- If for some reason a member cannot attend a scheduled meeting, notification should be given to the vice chair prior to the meeting.
- If an SCC member misses three meetings during a given school year they will be invited to provide a written resignation and the respective group (parent or employee) will appoint a replacement. If alternate members were selected, their appointment to the vacated seat will be ratified by the SCC.
- If no alternates are available to serve, the SCC may seek out parents or school employees to be appointed.
- A quorum is defined as a majority of members with the stipulation that the majority must follow the legal composition of the council and have at minimum, one more parent member than employee member present to vote.
- School Community Council will meet at least four times throughout the year between August and May. The majority of the council must approve of canceling and/or calling additional meetings.
- Subcommittees may be established or dissolved by a majority vote of the council. Parent members may serve on one or more sub-committees.
- Each subcommittee will be chaired or co-chaired by at least one elected school community council member, which will report regularly to the SCC on the committee’s progress.
- Additional community members, both employee and parent, that are not elected SCC members may serve on any subcommittee with the approval of the SCC.
- Other subcommittees will be created or discontinued as needed. Please see supplementary information for details of current subcommittees.
- All meetings will be conducted using Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Meetings will begin on time, use time wisely and finish on time, and stay focused on the agenda.
- A speaker must be recognized by the Chair before addressing the group.
- Members and guests will come prepared to participate and avoid side conversations during the meeting.
- Respect for others in verbal and non-verbal communications will be shown at all times.
- Avoid disruptions by silencing cell phones and taking necessary calls or conversations out of the room during meetings.
- SCC members will receive training on the basic elements and procedures of Robert’s Rules of Order.
- Officers will be elected by the SCC at the first meeting each school year. The current Chair will serve through the summer months, assist with SCC elections, conduct the first meeting and assist the new leadership in the transition even if they no longer have a student at Canyon View. Leadership positions include: A) Chair: creates agendas and conducts the meetings. Other duties as outlined in Canyons District policy. B) Vice-Chair: works with the Chair and conducts the meeting in the case of the Chair’s absence.
- Secretary: Takes notes at the meeting and creates the minutes for approval by the SCC. Is also responsible for recording the meeting according to the Open Meeting regulations.
- PTA Liaison: May be an elected parent member of the committee, or an ex-officio non-voting member.
- Guest may share appropriate input on subjects that fall under the SCC purview. A patron may bring a topic to the SCC by contacting the Chair at least one week prior to the scheduled meeting and asking to be added to the agenda. The SCC may invite any person/group to make a presentation on issues pertinent to the role of the SCC. The items that are appropriate for discussion by School Community Councils include, but not limited to: A) School improvement Plan. B) School LAND Trust Plan. C) Assistance in the development of the Staff Professional Development Plan. D) Academic needs of the school, with the direction to determine the greatest academic need of the school for LAND Trust Plan expenditures E) Advise and make recommendations regarding school programs and issues relating to the community environment for students. F) Parent/School communication and involvement. Items not to be discussed by the School Community Council include: A) Any personnel issues, B) individual student information.
- These Bylaws will be posted on the SCC page of the school website. Each SCC member will read and agree to abide by the Bylaws as signified on their declaration of candidacy and at the beginning of each school year.
- The number of School Community Council members will be limited to 8 parent representatives and 7 school employee members.
- If there are more candidates than available seats, two alternates will be selected from the remaining candidates in the order of the number of votes received. They will be appointed as voting members of the council if a seat is vacated prior to the next election.
Meeting Agendas, Minutes, and Reports
Sept 11, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
Oct 9, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
Nov 13, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
Jan 8, 2019 - Agenda | Minutes
April 9, 2019 - Agenda | Minutes
May 14, 2019 - Agenda | Minutes
Sept 19, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
Oct 17, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
Nov 14, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
Jan 16, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
Feb 20, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
Mar 13, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
Apr 17, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
May 15, 2018 - Agenda | Minutes
2017 - 2018 Final Report
Aug 30, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes
Sept 20, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes
Oct 18, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes
Jan 17, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
Feb 21, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
Mar 21, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
May 16, 2017 - Agenda | Minutes
2016 - 2017 Final Report
2015 - 2016
Aug 25, 2015 - Agenda | Minutes
Oct 20, 2015 - Agenda | Minutes
Jan 19, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes
Feb 16, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes
Mar 15, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes
May 17, 2016 - Agenda | Minutes
2015 - 2016 Final Report