School lunches. Special education grants. Training for teachers and support for families in need. Census results, and the programs and resources tied to them, affect our students every day. A complete headcount of everyone living in the country, the census only comes around once every 10 years, and the time to be counted — and to make sure your community receives its fair share of federal funding for schools — is coming. This month, every person living in Utah will take part in the 2020 Census. It’s possible to respond to the census online, by phone, or by mail starting March 12. It takes only 10 minutes, the information is kept strictly confidential, and if you don’t have access to a computer at home, we can help. Join us for “We Count Week,” March 16-20, and come complete the census at one of four Canyons District-sponsored Open House events. https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/district-news/item/12447-the-2020-census-is-coming-make-sure-you-re-counted
Here’s just a reminder of how to drop off and pick up your kids in the parking lot.
Canyon View Career Day
What do you need to know?
- Be available from 9:00 to 10:15am on Friday, March 27
- Prepare to visit up to four different classrooms, including those of you child(ren)
- Each session lasts 15 minutes
- Feel free to bring props, visuals, pictures, or other interesting items that relate to your career.
- We welcome parents, grandparents and guardians!
What should I talk about?
- Introduce yourself and your career.
- Briefly describe an average day at work. Talk about any special projects you are working on.
- Explain how you use the tools you brought.
- Help students make the connection of how academic subjects relate to the world of work especially math, science and english.
- Let the children ask questions
- Make sure all content and materials are age appropriate.
How do I sign up?
- Signing up requires two steps
- 1.Complete the google form.
- 2. Register as a volunteer. Each year ALL volunteers in
Canyons School District MUST submit an online application prior to volunteering.
- Go to http://tinyurl.com/CanyonViewCareerDay before Monday, March 16 to indicate your interest in volunteering.
- After completing the form, you will be linked to the District’s volunteer registration form. Or you can complete the volunteer registration here http://volunteer.canyonsdistrict.org/volunteersystem/#!/application/volunteer//