Canyon View Career Day
What do you need to know?
- Be available from 9:00 to 10:15am on Friday, March 27
- Prepare to visit up to four different classrooms, including those of you child(ren)
- Each session lasts 15 minutes
- Feel free to bring props, visuals, pictures, or other interesting items that relate to your career.
- We welcome parents, grandparents and guardians!
What should I talk about?
- Introduce yourself and your career.
- Briefly describe an average day at work. Talk about any special projects you are working on.
- Explain how you use the tools you brought.
- Help students make the connection of how academic subjects relate to the world of work especially math, science and english.
- Let the children ask questions
- Make sure all content and materials are age appropriate.
How do I sign up?
- Signing up requires two steps
- 1.Complete the google form.
- 2. Register as a volunteer. Each year ALL volunteers in
Canyons School District MUST submit an online application prior to volunteering.
- Go to http://tinyurl.com/CanyonViewCareerDay before Monday, March 16 to indicate your interest in volunteering.
- After completing the form, you will be linked to the District’s volunteer registration form. Or you can complete the volunteer registration here http://volunteer.canyonsdistrict.org/volunteersystem/#!/application/volunteer//